Powered by Invision Board
 Willkommen Gast ( Einloggen | Registrieren )

Portal | Board | TV | Kalender | Suche | Mitglieder | Regeln | Impressum | Datenschutzerklärung | Hilfe

Antworten | Neues Thema |
Norwegian Railway signalling system, Signal details desired [Zur Themenübersicht]
« Älteres Thema | Neueres Thema » Thema abonnieren | Thema versenden | Thema drucken
stevej
  Geschrieben am: 14 Jan 2020, 04:36

Jungspund

G'day,
Having viewed a train ride with cab footage featuring the Nordlandsbahnen of Norway, I am curious about the signalling system.
At first, I thought that the system may be similar to that utilized in Sweden.
However, after witnessing more signal indications, I realize that the Norwegian signal system is different.
I am hoping that somebody might be able to suggest a www source for the signal system details.
I have not managed to unearth much information on the www thus far.
I realize that the ERTMS system is being employed in Norway.
But, I am mostly interested in the older signal system.
Steve.

Link zum BeitragTop
Entenfang
  Geschrieben am: 14 Jan 2020, 11:44

Lebende Forenlegende

QUOTE (stevej @ 14 Jan 2020, 04:36)
G'day,
Having viewed a train ride with cab footage featuring the Nordlandsbahnen of Norway, I am curious about the signalling system.
However, after witnessing more signal indications, I realize that the Norwegian signal system is different.
I am hoping that somebody might be able to suggest a www source for the signal system details.
I have not managed to unearth much information on the www thus far.
I realize that the ERTMS system is being employed in Norway.
But, I am mostly interested in the older signal system.
Steve.

Hi Steve, welcome to our forum. It's intresting that you have unearthed a German railway forum when searching for Norwegian signals. wink.gif

Norwegian signals are explained here. The Norwegian signal system seems to be influenced rather by the British system and thus indicating rather diverging routes than speeds. It seems to be a bit similar to most Australian signals.

The Swedish signaling system however uses speed signalling like most European countries except the British isles.

--------------------
Meinungsfreiheit auf diesem Forum user posted image

Link zum BeitragTop
stevej
  Geschrieben am: 15 Jan 2020, 22:11

Jungspund

Danke Entenfang,
I had found a Wikipedia reference to the Norwegian railway signalling, but it was not very detailed.
The PDF Forskrift link at the bottom of the Wikipedia page that you have given the link for provides the detail that I was hunting for.
Though, I am not able to understand the language, I should be able to discover the aspect details.
There was a link to the official Norske rail track operator in another www site, but the signal details material had since been removed and no longer available to the public.
I have not entered this forum for some years.
I had previously joined this forum to ask questions about DB signalling and locomotives.
Steve.

Link zum BeitragTop
ET 474
  Geschrieben am: 25 Jan 2020, 18:56

Kaiser

QUOTE (stevej @ 14 Jan 2020, 05:36)

No, the Signal Systems in Sweden and Norway are not similar to each other. Also the Operation is different: In Sweden the Trains run on the left side, in Norway the Trains run on the right side.
Also the languages within Norway are different: In Oslo the People speak Bokmål, in Bergen and Trondheim the People speak Nynorsk. Both languages are different and also between Bergen and Trondheim is Nynorsk different. When you are looking for norwegian Websites you have to look they are written in Bokmål or Nynorsk. The norwegian People are allowed to write in their local Sound-shiftings.

--------------------
Die U5 kommt - die Stadtbahn auch!

Link zum BeitragTop
stevej
  Geschrieben am: 26 Jan 2020, 06:51

Jungspund

G'day ET 474,
I have enough trouble with English, let alone attempting to learn another language.
I was able to guess a number of the signal meanings from the PDF file that I scrounged.
For the remainder, I copied the text into a Norske on line translation web site.
That has provided a reasonable translation, naturally not perfect, but something that I am able to understand.
Yes, the difference between the Norske and Swedish signalling systems might pose some interpretation difficulties for any possible crew through running.
I remember when NSW crews at Junee began to run south across the border into Victoria.
The Victorian signalling system being Speed based, whereas the NSW system being Route Controlled.
And, when the panic about the 2000 olympics in Sydney hit Transport House.
Fearing a crew shortage, some management contemplated borrowing Melbourne Met drivers.
I did find that amusing.
Green over Red in Melbourne means something totally different to Green over Red in Sydney.
Steve.

Link zum BeitragTop
Thema wird von 1 Benutzer gelesen (1 Gäste und 0 Anonyme Benutzer)
0 Mitglieder:
4 Antworten seit 14 Jan 2020, 04:36 Thema abonnieren | Thema versenden | Thema drucken

<< Back to Bahn International
Antworten | Neues Thema |