Hilfe! Neu in Deutschland

Sämtliche Fragen bzgl. Fotographie usw. sind hier an der richtigen Stelle.
Antworten
Jallamazc
Jungspund

Beitrag von Jallamazc »

Hallo!

Sorry for write in english, but my german is very limitated. I'm Jaime, from Spain, and i will go to Germany for my first time this week. I will be based at Mainz, and i need some help about timetables, specially freigh trains, and interesant sights near Mainz (I have a rail pass, i can travel 200 km arround by train if required). I've seen some places in the Rhine Valley (Linke Rheinstrecke and Rechtse Rheinstrecke), but i'm still somewhat confused with what line is used by freight trains, the junctions, etc...

I'm also interesed in night services, i read that will be withdrawed at december. I see that in Mainz there is a EuroNight to Wien. The use of tripod is allowed by DB at the stations?. Some friend who where in Germany tells my that DB staff are friendy if you respect the safety rules. I wait don't have problems with them for making photos.

Vielen dank für ihre hilfe.
Schuss

Jaime.-
chris232
"Lebende Forenlegende"

Beitrag von chris232 »

Hi and welcome,

both the left and right route are used by freight trains. The right one may be a bit busier regarding heavy haul, since the left also holds all the express trains.
You can find maps here, here (there are also more detailled maps for some regions, including "Main-Neckar", and here (also available in english and spanish).
Timetables for freight trains are not publicly available. You can use DS Railview to find spots and I would generally recommend to travel on both sides just to enjoy the view, if you can spare some time. 200 km may be just enough to go all the way up to Cologne on one side and back down the other side (although the left route isn't as beautiful between Mainz and Bingen and from Koblenz to Cologne).
Taking photos will be no problem if you keep away from the tracks. You can also use your tripod, and as long as you don't use your pictures professionally, there should be no discussions. There may be different rules for the underground lines respectively municipal public transport.

If you need any help, feel free to ask.
Eisenbahnen sind in erster Linie nicht zur Gewinnerzielung bestimmt, sondern dem Gemeinwohl verpflichtete Verkehrsanstalten. Sie haben entgegen dem freien Spiel der Kräfte dem Verkehrsinteresse des Gesamtstaates und der Gesamtbevölkerung zu dienen.
Otto von Bismarck

Daher hat die Bahn dem Gemeinwohl und nicht privaten Profitinteressen zu dienen, begreifen Sie es doch endlich mal!
Valentin
Lebende Forenlegende

Beitrag von Valentin »

Hello Jamie,

In 2001 the DB did publish a general permission for making pictures at all places open to the public, with exeption to the use of flashlight and light:

Fotogenehmigung DB

This does include the right to publish the pictures, as long as you receive no payment.

In Germany, there is one law to be observed for publication: An induvidual release is needed for groups of less than 7 people, when they are an integral part of the picture taken. This rule doesent apply to people, who only block the view, like e.g. a pole. ;)
10bis10 jetzt - oder Rücknahme der damit begründeten Tariferhöhung.
Jallamazc
Jungspund

Beitrag von Jallamazc »

Hallo!

Danke!

Inicially i've planed to spend one day to visit the RWE Rheinbraun coal trains near to Köln, but another spanish trainspoters reported me strong police controls along the line due to disturbs, if this is true, i prefer to avoid problems with the Polizei and come back with a friend that speak german.

My operative days will be, friday 15, saturday 16 and sunday 17. There is planned any special passenger train or a preserved stock run?

I suposse that hi-visibility vest is not required on the stations.

Danke!

Jaime.-
Antworten